OnePlus 5/5T explosion and battery swelling reports come to light




A smartphone blowing up is very rare scenario, if not completely unheard of (the story of self immolating Samsung Galaxy Note7 is the most recent example we can recall).

While in Samsung’s case, brand new units were exploding, there may be scenarios in which a phone may exhibit this kind of dangerous behavior after being in use for sometime.

Case in point, reports from a couple of OnePlus users – one with OnePlus 5 and other owning OnePlus 5T – that say their units literally exploded after emitting smoke during charging.

Here’s what the OnePlus 5T user said:

"I have used one plus 5T which is purchased in Dec 6th. Toady in the morning my phone is in charging from last 15 minutes suddenly I see that in my phone smoke then I have removed charger after that mobile is blast and divided in 5-6 pieces. So I put my mobile on charging when it was around 6%, after few minutes I realized smoke coming out of my mobile, I reached out to mobile and tried to remove charger but it was HOT like hell(almost burned my finger), I pulled the charging wire and pushed the mobile away from me and then there it is …. it blasted and I got stuck in room with full of smoke. It scared the shit out of me.
I ran from there just in case it might blast again.

I mean I was big fan of OP, I bought OP1 then OP2 and then OP5 , my full family is using OP on my recommendation but this incident changed my whole perspective towards OnePlus.

I could have been seriously injured if wouldn’t have seen the smoke on time and threw the mobile away.

It is just 9 months and I am still paying EMI’s for this"

You May Also Like OnePlus Confirms Selfie Portrait For 5/5T, Removes WiFi ADB Debugging


No comments